The most exciting thing for me this week was that I started taking a more active role with the volunteers at work. I led a good portion of one of the meetings with them, which was sooo nice. I talked with them about a grant proposal that I'm writing to renovate our basement and make it into a volunteer club, and we talked about their ideas on various aspects of the project. It was so exciting to be able to lead a discussion with them and to understand them and be understood. It wasn't perfect, and I still need help from the youth leader, Olga (pronounced Olya), but I'm super excited.
The other nice thing about this week was taking a trip to the capital, Sophia, and seeing a lot of PC friends. I went for a minority committtee meeting, which was pretty interesting too. I intended simply to get information about the committee and what it's doing, but I somehow find myself now involved in one of their projects. They're putting together a resource kit for PC volunteers with activities and information related to minority issues in Bulgaria, and I'm helping gather information. It'll be interesting, and maybe I'll be able to use some of it with my group of youth volunteers. We'll see.
1 comment:
that's a truly cute outfit...i must meet this nelly someday... :)
Post a Comment